Message from the president
January 7, 2020
January 5, 2020
December 29, 2020
- Restaurants, bars, caterers, and food trucks that collect and remit meals tax
- Indoor entertainment establishments such as movie theaters, comedy clubs, performing arts venues/organizations
- Indoor recreation businesses such as arcades, bowling centers, pool/billiard halls, escape rooms, trampoline parks, roller-skating rinks
- Indoor spectator sports venues
- Gyms, fitness centers, athletic clubs, exercise centers, health clubs and fitness instructions centers such as aerobic, dance, yoga, karate studios
- Sports facilities such as tennis clubs, racquetball clubs, hockey rinks, swimming facilities
- Personal services such as nail salons, barber shops, etc.
- Independent pharmacies
- Event support companies where the primary source (more than 50%) of revenue is event-related such as photography studios, videography studios, florists, limo services, event planning companies, event rentals, performers, convention and trade show organizations
- Independent retailers with brick and mortar locations that collect and remit sales tax
December 23, 2020
December 23, 2020
December 22, 2020
December 21, 2020
A Brief Pause for In-Person Programming
All around us, our region is taking action to minimize the spread of COVID-19. In congruence with the guidance of Governor Baker as well as the actions of other chambers and organizations, the Springfield Regional Chamber will pause in-person programming until May 1, at which point we will determine next steps.
We intend to reschedule our current events, including Fire & Ice, the Mayors' Forum and our Beacon Hill Summit, when it is safe to do so. Just like you, we are taking this situation seriously and day-by-day.
BUSINESS DOESN'T STOP... AND NEITHER DO WE
Business hasn't stopped, and your Chamber hasn't either. Our legislative advocacy work in Boston continues. Board and Committee meetings will continue virtually. And our staff will continue to work, be it in the office or from home, to serve our members during this challenging time.
A NEW STRATEGY
New developments call for a new strategy. To that end, we're refocusing some of our resources to support digital member and community engagement.
Be on the lookout for webinars, our regular newsletters, as well as exciting member stories and engagement opportunities on our social platforms. We will continue to build community and support commerce, even "from home.”
We will be processing refunds for anyone who has already purchased admission to events previously scheduled in the near future: Multi-Chamber Speed Networking Breakfast, Mayor's Forum 2020, Fire & Ice, Beacon Hill Summit 2020.