One of our key initiatives is to champion business growth. As drivers of the region’s economic vitality, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow and expand.
Our focus is on creating and sustaining the best possible environment for businesses to thrive, grow, add jobs and drive the region’s economy. One of the ways we help is by connecting you to the programs and resources you need.
As an example of one of the many ways we help members make connections is the role we played as part of MGM Springfield’s Community Partners Network. We helped to provide awareness to our members on the MGM procurement process and timeline for local suppliers to be aware of bid opportunities.
Take your business from good to great. RiseUp Springfield provides local business owners with the support needed to take them on their path to growth and success. RiseUp Springfield uses the StreetWise 'MBA'™, an award-wining executive training curriculum which gives business owners access to business knowledge, management know-how, and relationships for their businesses to flourish in today’s competitive marketplace. RiseUp Springfield gives you the opportunity to create a clearer set of tools with strategic guidance from business peers and experts who understand the unique needs of small businesses.
The curriculum is designed to span seven months. You will learn ways to improve these key areas:
- Business strategies & development
- Finance and financial management
- Marketing and sales
- Human resource tactics
- Access to new capital and contracts
3,000+ business owners in over 60 communities use the streetwise 'MBA'™ 2014 Nationwide Results:
- Average increase in revenue per participant: $419K
- Average value of new financing secured: $128K
- Participants who added or retained jobs: 81%
Gain business knowledge, skills, and trusted network. Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Based in the City of Springfield
- $150,000 - $10 Million in annual revenue
- One other full-time employee besides the owner
- Been in business for 3+ years (at least 2 years of receipts needed)
- Willingness and ability to attend class for 6 months, complete mandatory assignments, as well as complete program surveys as requested.
The Springfield Regional Chamber is one of the founding members of Western Mass. Businesses Against Human Trafficking, an organization committed to training and awareness of the risks of human trafficking to businesses. Other members include:
ERC 5 – Five Town Chamber of Commerce
Red Roof Inn
Springfield Redevelopment Authority
Hilton Garden Inn
Peter Pan Bus Lines
Greater Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau