Springfield, MA – Mayor Domenic J. Sarno along with Patrick Sullivan, Executive Director of Parks, Buildings and Recreation Management, and WWLP reporter Sy Becker held a joint announcement at Forest Park in the lead up to the return of ‘Movies in the Park,’ the city’s public movie nights being held in Springfield’s parks once again this summer. The movie series runs from Monday, July 19th to Friday, August 6th, with all showings at 8:15 p.m.
Mayor Sarno stated, “My administration’s continued efforts to enhance quality of life with these types of family fun entertainment are more important than ever as we return to a sense of normalcy. What better way to celebrate summer than with this great family friendly activity, outdoors in our beautiful park system. We are especially lucky to have the legendary Sy Becker – ‘with another look at the movies’ – being part of this great series and to have the direction of Pat Sullivan and his Parks team.”
Patrick Sullivan stated, “We appreciate Mayors Sarno’s commitment to restore programming and activities for our residents. Movies in the park provide an opportunity for the whole family to be together under the stars and enjoying time together. Bring your favorite movie snack and have a good time!”
The movie schedule is below.
Movie Schedule (all at 8:15 p.m.):
- Monday, July 19 – Marshall Roy Park – Akeelah and the Bee
- Wednesday, July 21 – Jaime Ulloa Park – Akeelah and the Bee
- Friday, July 23 – Nathan Bill Park – Akeelah and the Bee
- Monday, July 26 – Marshall Roy Park – Raya and the Last Dragon
- Wednesday, July 28 – Jaime Ulloa Park – Raya and the Last Dragon
- Friday, July 30 – Nathan Bill Park – Raya and the Last Dragon
- Monday, August 2 – Marshall Roy Park – Finding Nemo
- Wednesday, August 4 – Jaime Ulloa Park – Finding Nemo
- Friday, August 6 – Nathan Bill Park – Finding Nemo