MGM Springfield will welcome Costa, a classic Italian restaurant serving housemade charcuterie, pizzas, pastas, salads, desserts and more to the resort’s food and beverage portfolio on Feb. 28. The concept will celebrate the spirit of time-honored craftsmanship and tradition with an epicurean adventure that derives inspiration from the culinary landscape of Italy.
This will be Costa’s third outpost, having debuted as Osteria Costa at The Mirage Las Vegas and MGM National Harbor in 2018. Costa at MGM Springfield will be similar to its sister restaurants with first-class service standards and a relaxed ambiance yet will offer exclusive menu items inspired by the tastes and fare of the region. Costa will be located in the Cal Mare space, which will close Feb. 24.
Highlights of Costa’s menu include:
An Italian paradise awaits with a diverse selection of antipasti, handcrafted pastas, Neapolitan pizzas, hearty entrees, grilled seafood and more. Adding to the authentic Italian dining experience, fresh mozzarella will be created from scratch daily with seasonal accompaniments such as marinated peppers, eggplant caponata and basil pesto.
Expertly prepared in the restaurant’s hearth oven, the Neapolitan style pizza will be baked with a variety of toppings including flavorful meats and seafood. Chicken Parmigiana – a chicken parm lover’s dream – is made with free-range organic chicken and topped with pomodoro, mozzarella and basil. A seaside favorite and signature restaurant dish, the Linguine & Clams is made with garlic, chiles and lemon.
A colorful assortment of indulgent endings such as Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake, Neapolitan Cookie Gelato or Italian Cream Puff, served with ricotta cannoli ice cream topped with chocolate sauce, will offer a sweet conclusion to the meal.
Sipping through the Southern coast of Italy is made easy with a variety of housemade limoncellos and citrus-forward cocktails, as well as a robust wine program. The beverage program is designed around the simplicity of Italian classics, including:
- Signature Limoncello – Crafted in-house daily, an assortment of three limoncellos will be available to cleanse the palate or as an after-dinner digestif.
- Libations – Specialty cocktails incorporate familiar flavors of the Campania region. Highlights to include:
- Spritz – A blend of Aperol, brut prosecco and splash of soda.
- Negroni – Known as an Italian classic after it was developed in Florence almost a century ago, the Negroni is a combination of equal parts Campari, gin and sweet vermouth.
- Wine – A collection of Italian wines pair impeccably with the authentic fare. The wine list will include a large assortment of Italian choices produced in the prominent wine-making regions of Piedmont, Tuscany and Veneto.
Costa will be open Sunday to Thursday 5 p.m.-10 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 5 p.m.-11 p.m. For reservations, visit OpenTable or call 413-273-5430.