SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Freedom Credit Union (FCU), headquartered in Springfield and serving members in the four counties of western Massachusetts, has today begun a phased reopening of its branch lobbies starting with its Greenfield, Northampton, and Cooley Street and Main Street, Springfield offices. The branch lobbies are open with reduced hours to start—Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Drive-up windows are open Monday through Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. All other locations will reopen Monday, July 6, 2020, with varied hours.
“We look forward to being able to help our members in person again. While we are asking them to continue to use our drive-up windows to perform standard transactions, we will also allow branch access to a limited number of members to comply with governmental guidance on occupancy limits and to help maintain social distancing,” said FCU President and CEO Glenn Welch. “We also have robust online and mobile banking options to reduce the need for our members to visit in person in most cases.”
Freedom Credit Union has taken additional measures to help protect their staff and members inside their branch locations, including:
- Stationing a greeter at the entrance to limit access based on occupancy limits. Members and visitors will be asked for ID when entering the office and will be directed to an available representative.
- Providing hand sanitizer for member use when entering and exiting the branches.
- Requiring all employees and members to wear masks while within the branch, and redirecting members who do not have a mask to the drive-up window.
- Following the social distancing requirements established by the CDC, including marking six-foot distances in branch lobbies and removing or reducing seating in lobby areas.
- Installing plexiglass shields on teller lines and new member account desks.
- Closing restrooms to the public.
- Asking people who are sick or who have encountered someone with the COVID-19 virus to refrain from visiting FCU branches or drive-up windows.
For the latest updates about Freedom Credit Union, visit freedom.coop.
About Freedom Credit Union
Originally chartered in 1922 as the Western Massachusetts Telephone Workers Credit Union and renamed in 2004, Freedom Credit Union is an 11-branch, full-service financial institution. Today, membership is available to anyone who lives, works or attends school in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin or Berkshire counties in Massachusetts, and Hartford or Tolland counties in Connecticut. Offering a complete range of banking services and loan products, Freedom Credit Union has conveniently located Massachusetts branches in Chicopee, Easthampton, Feeding Hills, Greenfield, Ludlow, Northampton, Turners Falls, West Springfield and three in Springfield, including the Roger L. Putnam Vocational Technical Academy branch. For more information, visit freedom.coop.
Freedom Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Shares and deposits in excess of NCUA limits are fully insured by the Massachusetts Credit Union Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC). Equal housing lender. NMLS #478769.